system safety monitor

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by LoneWolf, Mar 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

wondering if adding system safety monitor to my current set up of security would be a good idea or not.already have ZASS,EWIDO(GUARD ACTIVE),ON-LINE ARMOR(FULL PROTECTION),SPYSWEEPER(ON-DEMAND ONLY),WINPATROL FREE,AD-AWARE FREE & SPY-BOT SEARCH & DESTROY(WITH IMMUNIZATION ACTIVE/NO TEATIMER)as well as a hardware firewall w/a quick disconnect to the internet.all my software right now work well with each other (no conflicks).heard some good things about system safety monitor but not sure if it would conflict w/my other software or if i even need it.any opinions, advise or experance w/this application would be apprecated. thanks. :cool:

2. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

Hi, a computer with a finished SSM installed, will always be better then without SSM installed imho .. I used to use it for a long time when it was still a real beta and PG was not what it is right now! .. you had to download it from some slow russion site lol .. anyway I heard SSM has even improved over the older ones ..
    and probably there won't be compatability issues .. if you know how to handle it cause to be honest SSM was never the easiest to understand :D Kinda like Tiny Firewall atm :)

3. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Here is my current set up which is BOTH perfectly stable and compatible.

System Safety Monitor
    All the below apps are also protected by SSM from being terminated!
    Kerio 2.15
    CyberHawk
    FileChangeAlarm
    LaunchMonitor

No AV (Online Internet Scans Only)
    Anti-Spyware Only On-Demand
    Ewido
    Bazooka
    Ad-Aware SE

Several resident desktop enhancements like Docks, Google Talk, icon jumpers, other explorer fanciness for attractive looks, all these running processes don't pinch this XP Pro at all or delay my boot ups. Only 512Mb memory supports the system, all in all not too bad i think.

Your compatibility between programs might prove differently. If you experience a concern over an issue with SSM drop them a post on their forums and watch how fast they will correct it to your satisfaction.

Very thoughtful and sharp people over there.

4. dylanfan

dylanfan Registered Member

Very happy SSM user here. Check their latest version, it's been much improved upon, and the GUI is as good as any other Windows-based GUI.

Cheers

5. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Over the last few days ive been trialing online armour and now SSM.Im finding that i prefer SSM.I had tried it about a year ago ,when it was still beta but had some understandable problems with it.It now seems to work flawlessly ,on my 98se system.One thing that i cant understand is this though.I updated my smartwhois ,and my firewall (kerio 2.15) immediatley informed me of the md5 hash change in the smartwhois executable.SSM with application control active did not.Isnt it supposed to monitor md5 changes?.The rule currently for smartwhois.exe was allowed ,but i thought i would have got an alert to the md5 checksum change that occured with the update ,like kerios alert.
    tia
    ellison

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.