System Safety Monitor - Is it safe?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by xeda, Jul 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xeda

xeda Registered Member

Hi,

I've installed the free version of System Safety Monitor on my test computer, and so far I love it.

However, how can I be sure that it's safe to use on my main computer? I'm always paranoid when it comes to installing new software from companies that I'm not familiar with.

So can anyone help convince me that it's safe to use?

Thanks!

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Xeda

Not sure what you mean is it safe. Nothing guaranteed. Runs on my box with lots of other stuff and runs fine. Only way to be sure is to install and try it. I would always recommend having a recovery technique, not matter what you install. Then it isn't an issue. Take a look at the leapfrog forum(FDISR). Then you will never again need to ask that question.

Pete

3. xeda

xeda Registered Member

Sorry, I should have been more descriptive. :)

Let me rephrase my question:

How can I be sure that System Safety Monitor is clean and safe to use? Does it contain spyware, trojans, etc.?

Like many security minded people, I'm "paranoid", therefore I like to make sure that any software that I install is 100% clean.

4. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

You can take a search of System Safety Monitor in this forum. System Safety Monitor is absolutely clean and free from spyware and trojans if you download it from the official site. Some users have good comments on it.

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Okay. SSM is fine. Just besure to download from their site.

Pete

6. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

It is not only clean but meant to keep ur system clean.

8. xeda

xeda Registered Member

The official site is: http://www.syssafety.com

Is this correct? :)

By the way, how do you guys like SSM?

9. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Yes, it is the correct official site.

You may do a search of "System Safety Monitor" in this forum. There are lots of discussions on it. ;)

10. Minimax2000

Minimax2000 Registered Member

I am their customer and am really satisfied with SSM's level of protection and friendly support. It is 100% spyware free. :thumb:

11. dah145

dah145 Registered Member

Hey a quick question: How is SSM in resource usage?

12. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

1 process, SysSafe.exe, very light as it takes up very little memory or CPU time. Commercial version shown.

Attached Files:

13. herbalist

herbalist Guest

I've been using it since Max was developing it and have been a beta tester for it throughout its development. It is completely clean and designed to be very easy on system resources. Even on my underpowered 98 unit I still have 90% of my CPU available and 70% available resources with 24 other processes running. A lot of AVs load a system more than SSM does.
    SSM is made with the paranoid user in mind. When installed on a clean system, it gives you the ability to take complete control over everything that runs on your PC, including the system processes themselves. I wouldn't feel safe without it anymore.
    It's always possible for any given piece of software to conflict with some combination of operating system and other software. Because of the depth that SSM hooks itself into a system, it could possibly clash with something. Usually it would be another security application that performs some of the same functions. They've gone to great lengths to eliminate conflicts with other software, so it's very unlikely. Just back up your system first to be sure. If you're paranoid regarding your PCs security, you'll enjoy using SSM to really lock it down.
    Rick

14. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Free version here 4.58 MB.

15. dah145

dah145 Registered Member

OK, I will try it. :) I think it wont add too much resource use to my pc. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.