System Safety Monitor - English forum

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by zcv, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zcv

zcv Registered Member

2. StevieO

StevieO Guest

Charles, i'm not sure what's happened to the forum . But if it's got something to do with the pitiful donations they have received over the past few years, i wouldn't be at all surprised.

I hope it makes people rethink about how donations do actually help to fund worthwhile projects and programs like SSM, and do something about it/them before it's too late.

StevieO

3. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Babelfishing the Russian text gives "Access to the site is blocked in connection with exceeding of the limit of traffic if you you think that this is error, you will be turned to the administrators of hosting."

Most likely the site has just exceeded its bandwidth allocation for the day/week/month and should be back later (it was up earlier today). I would agree with StevieO's point though - given the usefulness of SSM the number of donations made has been abysmal.

4. richrf

richrf Registered Member

It only makes sense for users to support a software product with donations if they find a product useful. A product cannot and will not be indefinitely supported if there is no revenue. If SSM users want to see continued support for their product, they need to step up to the plate.

Rich

5. zcv

zcv Registered Member

Thanks Paranoid.

need to step up to the plate
    For the record, I'm one of those that have. Max keeps putting off charging for this app, I would glady pay for this.

Regards - Charles

6. wolfpack

wolfpack Guest

That's another reason the download of SSM is so slow. Donations help to pay for more bandwidth.

My guess is because this latest version of SSM seems to be causing problems for some people that the donations may have dropped off a bit, and with all the newer IDS type programs around these days (many with free versions) perhaps there just isn't the interest in SSM that there once was. I hope this changes.

As for myself, I can't get SSM to work on my system anymore, so I have sought out other IDS type programs, and I think others that are having trouble with this latest version have as well. I hope the problems with SSM are fixed soon because I really like the program.

7. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi wolfpack,

Yes, I am not using SSM because I could never stabilize it on my system. I think that if it cannot be stabilized the program may just die for lack of interest. It is sort of a chicken-and-egg situation. The developers probably need financial resources to get their software completed, and few people will pay to support it until it is reasonably stable. I guess those who really love the product and use it will possible step up and support it, but others like me will put our financial support behind other products such as ProcessGuard and RegDefend. Sometimes products with good ideas and intentions just don't make it.

Rich

8. zcv

zcv Registered Member

I don't have any problems with SSM, and never really did. While I know there were problems for some, never realy knew just how widespread or not it is, which is one reason I wanted to get to that forum.

Regards - Charles

9. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

That forum is a low traffic one with relatively few threads - the one item of note I found there was that the next version of SSM was going to include some major changes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.