System Safe: close ALL open programs first?

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by cyberdiva, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyberdiva

cyberdiva Registered Member

After a frustrating month of trying unsuccessfully to upgrade to the most recent version of Returnil, I've finally managed to do so, thanks to help from tech support. :thumb: Today I started Returnil and went to enable System Safe. However, when I clicked on Enable in the system tray, a box popped up that said "It is recommended that you close all open programs before proceeding." I don't recall this from my earlier version. How necessary is this? Do I really have to shut down all open programs? Some? What about security programs like my antivirus (no, I do NOT use VirusGuard, having found it to be much less reliable than my regular antivirus program), my firewall, and an antimalware program?

I don't want to cause Returnil to malfunction, but I really don't want to shut down all open programs unless this is absolutely essential.

Thanks in advance.

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi cyberdiva,
    The message has always been there, but your situation may have prevented it from being shown. It is simply a warning to close open work and save it (if required) before allowing the virtualization to be activated.

Mike

3. cyberdiva

cyberdiva Registered Member

Mike, thanks so much for your prompt and very helpful response. What you say makes good sense. I wish the pop-up box had said something about closing and saving open work, rather than asking me to close all open programs.

4. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Good suggestions and noted :)

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.