System restore

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by Acadia, Oct 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

I'm getting ready to purchase a new pc and want to install only supported software which will mean giving up many former beloved programs. I am considering Returnil System Safe to replace one or two of my old favorites.

Question: does the System Safe System Restore tap into the Microsoft System Restore in order to do the job or does it have its own separate System Restore unrelated to Microsoft?

Thanks much,
    Acadia

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi Acadia,
    The Returnil System Restore in RSS is based on the Windows component but has extended capabilities that include clean verification checks with the antimalware component in RSS prior to use and application of a chosen restore point. Also included is support for restoring specific system files from the previous machine state prior to the restore that the Windows component does not natively support.

In the next generation of our products, the restore is based on the sandboxing (still disk level) component rather than the native Windows component.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.