System Resources Drained Dry

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by COSMO26, Jul 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

With Win Me/Pent3/256K RAM/NOD32 AV/Spybot S&D/AdAware my System Resources with Spyware Guard & Blaster run down to yellow danger level in Sys Resources within an hour or so (via really no complicated computing/casual surfing). Without them the drain is much slower. Are there any special settings I'm missing to reduce drain or is this just a fact of life in my machine? Thanks

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Cosmo,

Off the top of my head I can need see why Spyware Guard would cause System Resource issues unless it's competing with territorial rights with Spybot's TeaTimer. As for SpywareBlaster the chances are slim to none that it can be causing issues because it is not or does not need to be running in the background for protection. It's a set and forget program....meaning once you have applied the settings for the protection it offers it applies those settings to the registry and you then close the program.

As for Spybot....what version and are you indeed using it's TeaTimer protection ?

3. Heirloom

Heirloom Registered Member

Cosmo,
    The System Resource Meter in WinMe is notoriously incorrect. Although, it may not be in your instance, I would double check it with another method to be sure. The WinMe Newsgroups have mentioned the inaccuracies of the SR Meter a number of times.
    Suggest you try a good process viewer, i.e. Process Explorer, free, from www.sysinternals.com . This app shows every running process and the amount of cpu usage, in %, by each. Not only is it more accurate, but, it will show you which app is eating the cpu cycles.

Heirloom, old and use it

4. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

Thanks for your Replies. I have Spybot 1.3 but find no info on TeaTimer after queries in SpyBot Help. Don't know if I use it or not. Will try Blaster by itself and then Guard after viewing first results. Downloading Process Explorer next. Thnaks for that idea!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.