system resorces

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mhorn74, Oct 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mhorn74

mhorn74 Registered Member

i am trying to find my system resorces in my pc and i cannot find it any where, i have an XP is there any way someone can help me out in finding this?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Can you explain a little more about what exactly you are looking for and in what context?

You see, when most people talk about "System Resources" on a Windows PC, they are usually referring to the percentage of used/free memory structures that were one of the key limitations with Windows 9x/ME systems. However, you posted that you use XP, so that whole concept does not apply to your system.

On Windows XP, system resources would refer to a more general set of resources such as used versus free memory (RAM), disk space and even CPU processing power, but not the old "system resources" as described here:

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article07-104

If you used to run an older Windows version and had received the warnings about being low on system resources, and perhaps saw a percentage indicator showing something like: 28% free and knew that that was trouble, none of that applies on Windows XP.

On XP, what you can see is the free/used memory, pagefile usage and CPU usage as shown in the Task Manager (ctrl alt del) - see the different tabs there, especially the Performance tab.

3. mhorn74

mhorn74 Registered Member

thank you very much you answerd my question i didn't know there wasn't a system resorce check like there is on 98

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.