System Rebuild - TI and SATA

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bpos2, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bpos2

bpos2 Registered Member

I am rebuilding two new systems in the next few weeks. One of my existing systems has TI 7 (build 613) and the other has no backup. I will be purchasing a new copy of TI 8 and probably upgrade the other copy. I have had good luck with my current version of TI 7. I will be doing fresh installs of the O/S and software.

I will be using one SATA drive in each computer. I hope to do the backups to an external harddrive (Apricorn 40GB). Will TI 8 (7?) allow me to do this? Reading through the different posts, I see mixed results with regards to SATA. I think the issue is less so for backing up to external drives.

Here are some system specs for the two new rebuilds (one for me, one for the kids):
    Asus P4P800-SE
    P4 3.0 Prescott
    1 GB Cosair XMS TwinX (2x512) PC-3200
    80 GB SATA HD (Western Digital or Samsung spinpoint)
    Apricorn 40 GB EZ-BUS-40 (not the mini) Or I can go with WD 80GB Essentials for cheaper (but bigger).
    Win XP Pro (upgrading from Win 98se)

Realizing there is no definite answers, should I be OK.
    Version 8 ?
    Version 7 build 613 ? (most likely will upgrade anyway).

Thanks,

bpos2

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bpos2,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Acronis True Image 8.0 does support ICH5R Controller that is integrated into your motherboard. You won't have any difficulties using it in your system. Also it will allow you to store images on your external drive and restore them from it.

To make sure everything works fine you may download trial version of Acronis True Image at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/download/trueimage/.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. bpos2

bpos2 Registered Member

Thanks for the quick response. I will be purchasing a new copy of TI in the next week or so and be upgrading my current version.

Thanks,

bpos2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.