System reboots when trying to restore image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mike H, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike H

Mike H Registered Member

oops, will try again

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

What? Did you reboot? :)

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mike H,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please describe what your problem is? I am sure we will be able to find the solution for it.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. azn

azn Guest

I have the same problem here, I'm just trying to either create or restore an image on a Dell Inspiron Laptop with the True Image Boot Up Disk and once I click start, the first dialog screen would come up and then I'll press "Next". At this point the laptop would just reboot and start Acronis all over again. I've used True Image on multiple systems before and this is the first time I encountered this. Please help..

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello azn,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all please update Acronis True Image 8.0 to the 889 build. In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product. Then create a new bootable CD and please boot from it. After that try to create (or restore) the image.

Also you can try to make the "acpi=off noapic" workaround and if it doesn't help please create sysinfo.txt file and send to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread (please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 for the detailed instructions). We will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.