System Partition

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by gbaldwin2, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gbaldwin2

gbaldwin2 Registered Member

Hello, I have a 2003 server with RAID5 volume with C: (system) and D: (data) partitions. I have a RAID1 volume that is currently empty that I can use to move either C: or D:. I need to increase the size of the C: partition. What would be the best way to proceed? I've looked in Paragon's samples, googled my particular situation and don't have a clear path on what is the best way to proceed. Any help is appreciated. thanks!

2. verpies

verpies Registered Member

I assume that you have one partition per volume and two physical devices (one in RAID5 and one in RAID1 configuration).

You are unclear whether you want to move the partition containing the volume C or the partition containing the volume D, or both, to the physical device in RAID1 configuration.

It is also not clear if you want to move or copy the above partitions.

If taking your words literally, you want to move the partition/partitions and any "move" operation consists of copying from the source to the destination and then deleting the source.
    So your first step would be to copy the selected partition/partitions to the destination physical device (I guess that's RAID1 in your case).
    After copying is finished you can delete the partition from your source device (I guess that's RAID5 in your your case).

Paragon Partition Manager allows you to resize partitions during copying so you can take advantage of that. You can also enlarge the partition on your source physical device independently of the copying process, if you have the space for it (e.g. after deleting another partition on the same device).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.