System partition has different symbol from saved one

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by spider_darth, Dec 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spider_darth

spider_darth Registered Member

I was attempting to burn a disc one day and my computer crashed. When I repowered it, it boot up to a black screen. I was able to log into my user account but no desktop appeared.. only a black screen with a movable mouse cursor.

After leaving my pc untouched for a couple of days, it was finally able to boot into windows. But I was not able to run Returnil. This message appeared when I started Returnil. "The system partition has different symbol from saved one. Please reinstall to fix issue."

May I know whether these issues are related? And how do I go about solving it?

If I reinstall Returnil, will the files in my Returnil drive be erased away?

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi spider_darth,
    Backup the content you have saved in the Virtual Disk and then reinstall RVS as the alert/error message indicates. This should get things back to working order.

Can you describe what happened to cause the crash?

Mike

3. spider_darth

spider_darth Registered Member

The virtual disk is not mounted as RVS is not running. Is backing up the Returnil folder in C Drive equivalent to backing up the virtual disk?

And as I mentioned in my earlier post, I was merely burning a disc and before it manage to complete, my computer crashed. I was unable to boot into windows for a couple of days. And when it finally boot into windows, RVS was unable to run. Note that I did not attempt to make any changes to the computer at all.

4. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Yes, but it is always best to mount the VD and then backup the files inside as you would a physical disk. The crash and the way you describe it starting to work after a number of days makes me want to suspect an intermittent hardware issue.

Make sure you run diagnostics on your hardware to either identify a problem or eliminate it as being a potential cause for this specific incident.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.