System partition formated-can't access second partition. Data recovery needed

Discussion in 'encryption problems' started by tommmik, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommmik

tommmik Registered Member

Hi all
    In the beggining i will say that i looked over different forums and i can not find clear instruction. I think this is pretty common problem.

I have a laptop with one physical disk and two partitions. They were two partitions:
    -C-System
    -D-data
    I used Truecrypt'a and full-disk encryption option (no partition). So once i was launching my laptop i have to enter password once.
    Yesterday I formated C partition and I have installed windows again. Now, partition C looks as it should(its cleane), while the D-partition is not accessible (when I turn on "my computer" and I want to open a partition D - I can not do (it gives me a message that you must format)).
    Drive C on this laptop is usable...system is installed(win7).
    I have physical option to remove drive and connect to different computer if necessary.

My question is:
    Is there any way to recover data from partitions D?

Please help :)

I have a rescue CD TRD.
    Using partition recovery tools like testdisk or easeus partition recovery do not help-it does not see anything. But i think this is normal because it is encrypted.

2. tommmik

tommmik Registered Member

OK I found a solution which is quite simple. IN computer which i have formatted install TC. Go to Volumes-> select device-> select the partitions which is the problem
    Then Volumes-> Mount Volumes with Options-> Mount partition using system encryption without pre-boot authentication->user password which you always used to start the computer-> OK

3. dantz

dantz Registered Member

Glad you figured it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.