system mechanic pro antivirus engine?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by osmandemi, Dec 20, 2016.

1. osmandemi

osmandemi Registered Member

Hi
    Which antivirus engines uses system mechanic pro ?

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

According to AV Comparatives they are using Cyren. http://www.cyren.com/embedded-antivirus.html

3. osmandemi

osmandemi Registered Member

Thanks

4. PEllis

PEllis Guest

How good is iolo's protection? They sent me an email not too long ago, offering a lifetime license.

5. roger_m

I'm not too sure. But, if you're going to pay for an antivirus, your money would be much better going to a trustworthy company.

Their products simply don't live up to the ridiculous amount of marketing hype in their constant emails. I've received a "one day only" 60% off System Mechanic Pro offer email from Iolo 6 times this year. They also send highly misleading emails when a new version is about to released, which imply you need to extend your subscription to get the latest version. This is however simply not true. Until your subscription ends, you can upgrade to new versions when they are released at no extra cost. They also go to great lengths to tell you how much better at making your computer faster the new version is compared to the old version, when usually there are only minor changes and improvements in new versions.

If you want to use the standard version of System Mechanic which has no antivirus, Iolo have a ongoing giveaway of 6 month licenses.

6. PEllis

PEllis Guest

Thanks. There hasn't been any recent discussion on their effectiveness as an antivirus and I don't know anything about the two engines they implement. The lifetime license was for around $170. I forgot how many PCs you could use it on, but if it's like their other subscriptions (unlimited PCs) then you wouldn't have to worry about losing the license.

7. roger_m

With the standard Sytem Mechanic you can visit the giveaway page again to be emailed another 6 month license when your current giveaway license is about to expire.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.