System mechanic 6 - Trueimagemonitor unnecessary

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by centerfield, Jun 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. centerfield

centerfield Registered Member

I just ran system mechanic 6 and the optimization feature tells me that trueimagemonitor.exe is auto loading and is unnecessary. Can anyone tell me if I need to have trueimagemonitor.exe run at startup for any reason? And exactly what does this progrm do.

2. _Kento_

_Kento_ Registered Member

Hello centerfield,

Have a look here. This thread explains what timountermonitor.exe and some other Acronis processes are intended for.

Kento

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Jsut by way of embellishment:

Registry analysis program like Symantec WinDoctor, PC Mechanic, RegOpt, and others, don't really know what is useless and what isn't. If they don't find certain sorts of relationships between reg entries and files, then the declare then "Unnecssary." Some program set up reg entries with variables as paramenters and these, WinDoctor, for example, always declares that the associated file cannot be found -- well, of course it can't since the file that will be the value of hte variable won't be known until the program that made the reg entry is running, using that reg entry, and suplies a value for the variable.

When using reg analysers, don't delete any reg entries unless you are absolutely sure that no program needs it. When in any doubt, leave it alone. I know you might hear a lot about reg bloat, but the reg is such a tiny part of resources, better to have some bloat than mess up how one of your programs behaves.

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Amen to that! Overall, most people lose time trying to make their PC run faster when you factor in the time to fool with it and then fix it.

5. centerfield

centerfield Registered Member

Maybe it's because I'm a lawyer, or maybe it's because I just don't have time to waste playing on internet forums all day, but I'm amazed at the number of people who will take the time NOT to answer a question. These forums should have a rule - if a post ask a question then replies should be limited to answering the question.

I'm going to ask my questions again in a more pointed manner. I'll greatly appreciate any replies that answer the questions. However, suggestions to read some other rambling non-responsive posting, or dribble about matters that have not been asked, are not appreciated. Please waste someone else's time. Thank you.

Do you know the purpose of trueimagemonitor.exe?

What is its purpose?

If it is disabled from loading at startup will True Image Version 9 still work?

6. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

TrueImageMonitor.exe provides the interface between running Acronis True Image tasks and the user. It allows to observe the tasks progress and cancel the running tasks. It is started when a user logs into the system and terminates when the user logs off.

This was indicated to you in a previous post and I have extracted it for you from an Acronis answer.

I have never disabled it so I have no idea what would happen . Why not try it? But of course you will not be able to monitor what is going on till you look at the logs.

Xpilot

7. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

See #3 in this post:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=102915

Sure is lucky I have time to do a search on the forum for you but being a lawyer, who incidently has plenty of time to fool around with things like Registry Mechanic and attempt to tweak and tune rather than let the program run as intended, you probably have a paralegal do the real work for you.

8. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Gentlemen, lets keep the personal snipes down.

bigc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.