System Lock Up

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by jpcummins, Feb 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

I am using Ad Aware SE, SpyBot, and Microsoft Anti Spyware Beta 1 for my spyware protection. My problem is that everytime I try using one of the programs my system locks up completely. Even to the point the mouse cursor will not move, the restart and off buttons do not work and the only way to turn the system off is to unplug it. For my virus protection I am using Norton Anti Virus, Corporate Edition, and at times even it will lock up. I have went as far as to access the McAfee web site and tried using the on line scanning and it also locked up my system. Any idea as to what I must do to eliminate this problem? I don't know if I have managed to download a nasty virus or spyware causing this to happen. Anyone ever experienced the same problem I am having? If so, I would appreciate knowing what you had to do. Any assistance given to me will be very much appreciated. Thanking you in advance.

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. thebigdintx

thebigdintx Registered Member

Hello, and welcome to wilders!! Try turning off your system restore to delete all the old restore points. Then try running your antivirus scans, and spyware scans in safe mode (make sure those programs have the latest updates available). Microsoft's Anti-spyware is now in beta 2 version, and it's now called Windows Defender.....I would upgrade to that also before doing the above.....good luck.

4. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

System Lock Up Solved

I posted a message regarding the problems I was having with my System Locking Up. I received two replies, one from thebigdintx the other from snowbound. There assistance enabled me to resolve my problem. I am glad to say that I am no longer experiencing the LOCK UP problem any longer. I would like to express my appreciation to both of these fine individuals. Thank you very much!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.