System key that need to be protected???

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Atomas31, Sep 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

Hi,

I'd like to know wich system key should be protected by a software that can protect registryo_O

Does the keys' concerning your security product should be there or some other specific keyo_O I have seen some what of a list on the first thread of this section (registry protection comparaison) but I want to know if it is all of the key that needed to be under protection or should other should be added (like an Anti-virus or a firewall)o_O

Thank you for your recommandations,
    Atomas31

2. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

Hi Atomas31,

I think that is a good question.
    Is it a good idea to find out the registry keys that your security software uses to start up and add those keys to your registry monitoring utility?

I just wanted to clarify a couple of things for those who answer.
    By system keys, you are referring to registry keys.
    The thread you are referring to is the Registry Monitor Comparison.
    Post #1 of that thread has a very comprehensive list of the important Registry Keys (that would allow a program to launch on reboot). These are the ones that should be monitored for changes, additions, or deletions.

It would seem like a good idea so that malware would not alter the keys that load your AV to instead load a fake AV shell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.