System Guard Warnings from Hell

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by man, Jun 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. man

man Registered Member

Please help!!!
    System Guard Warnings have popped up on my computer repetitively-- literally one after another without stop and without any program having been opened before they popped up. What happens is that when the first warning appears, I click DENY but every time after I do that, another System Guard Warning immediately pops up with a different file name under "Modify File", and then I press DENY again, and then immediately yet another same warning with yet another file name -- and it goes on ad infinitum. I have pasted some of the warning windows below. Every time it pops up -- one after another -- there is a different .sys file listed. The sample that I have attached/ pasted below looks quite ominous, what with with files like NETBIOS.sys, USBHUB.sys, and (not pasted here) DISK.sys and the like.

The only thing that is able to stop -- yet only temporarily -- this endless chain of these warning messages is to click "Terminate", but every time I do that, I immediately get a Microsoft Security Essentials warning message (pasted below) and my MS Security Essentials tray icon gives me a warning popup that it has shut down and asks me to start it up again. Then after a lapse of a number of seconds or minutes, the same endless chain of the Returnil System Guard warning messages starts up again -- and again can only be stopped by clicking "Terminate", which yet again shuts down MSE and brings up the MSE warning message (attached below).

Any ideas why this is happening and how to fix it? Thanks!!

Attached Files:

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi man,
    I think what you are seeing is MSE attempting to upgrade itself and the System Guard reacting to the attempt to make changes to these sensitive areas of the System. Try the following:

1. Turn off System Guard in RVS
    2. Force an update/upgrade with MSE and allow that process to complete
    3. Restart your computer to make sure all the changes to MSE are completed
    4. Restart the System Guard in RVS after logging back into your account

Does this resolve the alert issue?

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.