System feels sluggish after 2.000.8 update

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by owziee, Dec 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. owziee

owziee Registered Member

Strange... is anybody else experiencing the same annoying problem? I have even uninstalled NOD32 and cleaned out everything nod32 related from the registry and done a fresh install.

System runs fast untill I update to 2.000.8... It's not like it's super-slow but it feels more like I've reinstalled Norton 2003 or AVP again.

I can now feel Amon is running, before this update it was impossible.

System: AMD Athlon XP 2000, 512 MB DDR Sdram, ASRock K7Vt2 mobo, MSI Geforce 4 MX-440, SBLive! Value... I'm running Windows XP SP-1 with all security updates installed + Ad-Aware Pro with Ad-Watch enabled & ZoneAlarm 4.5.

I seriously doubt anything is wrong with my system since I'm always trying to keep it updated and as clean as possible. Maybe it's something with the latest NOD32 update?

2. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I am having the same effect . Plus I made the mistake of clicking on Outlook as E Mail client . Now I can't get to Outlook express. Can't download E Mail.

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Took it off my XP box. Shutdown is always slow. This just adds to the misery. :(

4. marti

marti Registered Member

Sounds like you need to uninstall/reinstall the program :(

5. DIGRem

DIGRem Guest

I have seen this too as well. By the looks of things, the slow down is caused by the system waiting to login the user. Restart your machine and when i get into windows, load task manager and look at users ! It takes ages. When I uninstall nod32 (.:cool: and reboot, the slowness goes away and I can login quickly again.

Internet is faster again after the removal of .8 as well.

I may wait until Eset comes out with a full version of .8

DiGRem

Win XP Pro SP1

6. FanJ

FanJ Guest

W 98 SE here:

Yep, it is here too a bit "sluggish".

7. Stan999

Stan999 Registered Member

Using WinXP Pro with IMON enabled, IE is slower. Shows "finding site" for a period of time.

With IMON off surfing with IE works as normal.

8. marti

marti Registered Member

I'm also running Win98SE and the system is running the same as it did before the updgrade. :D

9. Pretender

Pretender Registered Member

I'm using XP Home and my system started crawling after updating. I used system restore to go back a bit and, oddly, my system started moving again. I opened NOD 32 V2 control panel and it shows (via information) that the update is there, but (being obsessive) I checked update again and it shows that there is still the update available. Not sure what to think, but am glad that others are experiencing a similar situation.

10. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hey pretender

I'm having same problem as u. I updated then system slooooooooooooowed to a crawl. So i uninstalled then reinstalled and right now am being prompted to update again.

I'm almost afraid to try! ;)

I also have xp home.

Snowbound

11. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Using XP Home, I uninstalled, downloaded program again, re-installed.
    Same results, very slow. Checking mail, loading programs, are all at a snails pace.
    I uninstalled again until a fix is ready. :'( o_O

12. Pretender

Here's some more strange stuff. I have auto update enabled. While I was cking out posts in this forum..........a pop up said that I had the same update available for NOD32 V2 and it showed that there were 0 bytes to download. I thought "what the heck" and chose to go for it. I got another message immediately that said the update completed ok and asked if I wanted to restart to complete install. I ckd yes. My system restarted as it usually does and I didn't experience any slugishness. Not holding my breath, but this is weird update.

13. dbergst

dbergst Registered Member

Time for another update, 2.000.8 has major slowdown issues here as well. SSH connections are slow to start and it takes forever (well, several minutes seems like forever) to load cygwin XFree86 on my machine, normally this takes about 3 or 4 seconds. I've never seen this kind of performance hit before from an AV program update.

We really need the ESET team to update this component ASAP to rollback this slowdown behavior. Problems like this really discourage the user base, e.g., I'm seriously considering disabling autoupdate for NOD32 program components if this kind of issue appears again.

14. marti

marti Registered Member

Stan,

You may have found the probl,em -- you mentioned using IMON and that the system is fine without IMON.

I have never used IMON (which may explain why I'm running normally).

15. manOFpeace

manOFpeace Registered Member

Mine updated OK and running seems not too bad. :rolleyes:

But AMON is now scanning ZAlog.text, hosts and as usuall BOClean. :eek:

16. owziee

owziee Registered Member

This is a bit sad because I really like NOD32. I'm also a gamer and now games takes forever to load when AMON is enabled and gameplay is also sluggish. I'm using NOD32 because it used to be fast... if they don't fix this problem asap I might install avp again.

I doubt Nod32 is supposed to be the resource hog it is at the moment.

17. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Hi,
    My Win XP run perfect, but the Internet not. For example when start my default browser Opera, the "searching website..." appear more time than before the upgrade. Also MSN Messenger 6.1 and Internet Explorer are affected by this issue, however The Bat! 2.0 not.

18. dbergst

I agree, there seems to be a major hit to applications that use the network, even access to the localhost is very sluggish, examples here include X-Windows (cygwin XFree86) and Kerio Personal Firewall. My guess is that this update must have slipped past QA without sufficient testing. Whatever the reason, hopefully there will be a prompt resolution to this issue.

19. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I re-installed with Imon disabled and the program runs fine.
    Seems to be a bug in Imon. :doubt:

20. dom424

dom424 Registered Member

Didn't slow my 2k machine any, but it sure made a big differance with XP. I did a system restore and did not do the new update.

21. owziee

owziee Registered Member

Your lucky... I did the same thing a few hours ago but it's still running slower than normal.

22. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

I will jump on this wagon also.
    1-Outlook Express take a long time to check/or send new mail!!
    2-All of my web sites take for forever to load or even start
    3-Aol/DeadAim has to be clicked like three to four times to start up
    4- still cannot exclude TrojanHunter
    5-Now when i try and update Ad-aware stalls out and have to try several times to get an answer from them(updates that is)
    this is not a good thing o_O o_O

23. dbergst

The slowdowns stop here if I terminate IMON protection, no reinstall is necessary. This is just a band-aid though.

24. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

This seemed affect users running Windows XP both professional and home. Folks, is anywhere that have problem with the Internet slow-down in other windows version?
    I'm using NOD32 and Windows XP in Spanish, and are also affected by it terrible bug :blink:

25. Pretender

Did system restore have an impact on the update itself? I don't know how system restore works in XP Home yet. I used GoBack in Windows ME prior to doing clean install of XP Home on my system. System restore in ME would not change back updates to existing software it seems to me...........unless someone had chose a restore point prior to getting the update. Anyhow, curious here..............did the restore take NOD 32 back to prior before the update?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.