System error logs - i have a problem?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Sam42, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam42

Sam42 Guest

Hello,

Recently i have been getting lots of error logs in Security/System part of the event viewer that consist of the following:

Type; Failure Aud
    User; NT Auththority\Network Service
    Event; ID 615

IPSec Services; IpSec Services has experienced a critical failure and has shut down with error code: The network connection was aborted by the local system
    Stopped IPSec services can be a potential security hazard to the machine. please contact your machine administrator to restart the service.

Type; Error
    User; n/a
    Event ID; 7023

The IPSec Services terminated with the following error:
    The attempted operation is not supported the type of object referenced

All these logs seem to be when i start my computer - I've disabled windows Client for microsoft networks + print and file sharing, and on my router i have disabled the IPSEC pass through. Microsoft say i need to use the IP Security Policy Management snap-in, (but i dont know how to use this, and do i need it- as im not running any servers). I would really like some help if possible - not sure what my next step is,

Thank you for any replys

Sam42

2. Sam42

Sam42 Guest

I know this may sound stupid but im reall yworried about this could i be hacked - i dodnt know waht to do pls pls help me any advice welcome no matter what?

Kind regards

sam42

3. sam42

sam42 Guest

i take it no one has any ideas then? Oh well!!!:(

4. sam42

sam42 Guest

Maybe if you cant help you could point me in a good direction where i can get some help, thanx for any replys>here smilin at you

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

being this a long weekend there might not be as many people that are knowledgable about your problem on the forum. I am sure there will be someone see your thread here and give you a hand. It is just at an inopertune time, please be patient and help will come.
    thanks
    bigc

6. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Security Event Messages might help explaining the different types of event messages.

If you are not using IPSec, have you tried setting the service to manual?

Regards,

CrazyM

7. sam42

sam42 Guest

hey guys,

Just had a bad weekend. Sorry to sound like an idiot and thanx for replying to me. Really welcome all the help and advice that i have received. These logs happen every time i load my computer and somtimes my computer just hangs.

Concered has i was recently infected with a worm that may have messed with my computer. Locked through the web and fould similar event logs - whee people are told to reformat or told that this is normal, so totally confused!!

Sam

8. Sam42

Sam42 Guest

Crazy M , i go into services and how do i set it, sorry fairly new user. Its set to automatic at the moment, and is showing that it is started, if it is working i dont understand why i get these warnings. regaurds S

9. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

You might want to follow the steps here: General Cleaning Instructions as the errors you are seeing could be the results of an infection/malware.

You can stop the service there and then change from automatic to manual start. You should follow the steps in the above post first to make sure your system is clean and see if the errors continue. You may also want to check the IPSec configuration to see if it has been modified. You can see the default settings here: IP Security and Filtering > Configuring IPSec Policies > Configuring Local IPSec Policies. The section on > IP Security Policy Management Snap-in, will explain how to start the mmc snap-in.

Regards,

CrazyM

10. Sam42

Sam42 Guest

crazy M,

Hey I followed the cleaning instructions when i got infected with worm - i now have very good protection as a result of this site> The strange thing today(4/7/05) is that i do not have any entries for IPSec bad or good very strange any ideas. Getting more confused!

I know a good thing, but this has happened before where i think the problem has gone, but it turns up again,

Reguards,

Sam

11. Sam42

Sam42 Guest

Crazy M, will resetting the IPSEc service or changing the IpSec Service to Manual affect any security software like firewalls or system monitoring utilties?

12. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

No it should have no impact. I usually leave it set to manual.

Regards,

CrazyM

13. sam42

sam42 Guest

Crazy M,

Solved my problem - dont recive any error logs any! so simpy:):)

Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.