system encryption with 3 partitions

Discussion in 'encryption problems' started by gotpwnt, Oct 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gotpwnt

gotpwnt Registered Member

so it was the time of the day to reformat the system. i backed everything up and reinstalled windows7

then i reinstalled truecrypt 7.1a and set up back all my volumes, expect one.

i tried many times to put the same password in, thinking it will work. but it would just say 'incorrect password or not a truecrypt volume'.

after spending 4 hours on figuring out the problem, i found the cause. My ssd has 3 partitions on it, C windows, 100mb, and H game partition. When i used truecrypt i used it to encrypt the WHOLE system drive. which covered these 3 partitions.

Now when i reformatted, in the windows 7 wizard setup i did the usual thing. deleted the C windows partition and created the new partition (obviously i completely forgot that the whole system drive was encrypted, not just the individual windows partition). As the result this caused the H game partition to not work any more. Its not really important as it has games on it, but one directory makes it important. It has this one file directory with all my damn accounts and passwords for all the important things. its not grave or live threatening just damn annoying to do such a stupid mistake.

Is there a way to recover it? Is there a manual which explains how the whole drive encrypts the individual partitions?

i have the recovery disk iso and i know the password.

2. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.