System Cleaner

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by L815, May 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L815

L815 Guest

I run the usual CCleaner and Baku once and a while, but they don't give me the feeling of a clean system. Reason being I always find some "junk" left over here and there, but this could party be my own fault from the way I have these set up.

I want to give those bulk system cleaner packages a try. I've used Tuneup utilities before, and it's a great product, but I want to give other equally qualified products a try.

I've also heard of Ace Utilities which I think comes with a free space cleaner as well, but haven't had a chance to try it out. Anyone have anything to say about this one?

Which have you either used or have heard good things about and would like to recommend to me ?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Ive used Ace Utilities before and I found it to be excellent. And if you want a prettier UI, use System TuneUp (made by same company).

3. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

4. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Yes, you mean Wipe Deleted File Data, although I've never used it. It comes with many useful tools. :)
    It's not free, but you only pay for it once, same as for RegSupreme Pro.

That's the only ones I use, although be sure to make a backup of your registry prior to deleting/fixing anything.

Both are excellent registry cleaners, so it's up to you to try them out. ;)

5. L815

L815 Guest

Would you say Ace utilities is just as, if not more effective than Tuneup Utilities?

6. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Have you tried RegSeeker 1.55 ? some complain that it is too agressive. That is what images were made for. Not difficult to identify and exclude anything that should not be removed.

Just re-read your post and see that you want a cleanup program. downloaded Ace utilities and ran a scan. it found some junk. Then I ran A1 Click ultra
    www.superwin.com/index.htm and cleaned. Then ran Ace again and it found nothing. Looks to me like ace is fine but nothing special.

Last edited: May 10, 2008
  7. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

TuneUp, for as long as I've used it, it never failed me, so it's quite a safe tool to use. Just install and forget.

Ace Utilities/System TuneUp cleans more, so IMO it's more effective.
    Just make sure it doesn't remove too much, which could happen with any registry cleaner. :doubt:

I'm sure others will chime in with more detailed information on how it performs. For me, it's here to stay. :)

8. L815

L815 Guest

I've used regseeker in the past, mostly with Xp; rather limited experience with Vista, though I would say it was a bit too aggressive on Vista for some reason I don't know.

I'll probably give it another shot and see how it goes :)

I think I will give the System Tuneup a trial.

When I used TuneUp utilities, it seemed as if it didn't clean much more than CCleaner. It's good because it proves safe (based on my experience).

We'll have to see how System TuneUP competes :)

I'm still up for some other suggestions. I read the other candidates from other above posts, but I find System Tuneup/Ace has kept the top of the list so far. Thanks for suggesting!

EDIT:
    Just ran System TuneUp (on expert) & RegSeeker 1.55
    -> Scanned with RegSeeker
    -> Scanned and cleaned with System TuneUp
    -> Scanned with RegSeeker

Tuneup seemed to clean the leftovers of apps I have uninstalled.
    RegSeeker no longer sees these invalid entries, but I still get errors with some other strange system things.
    I don't know if they are safe to delete, so I just select the green options and delete those.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.