system backup question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by trock, Jul 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trock

trock Registered Member

I don't have acronis software yet. I think my only legitimate way to backup my stuff is to burn dvds. How complete of a backup can I get using this medium (dvd burn). I don't have another hard drive, and my drives are not partitioned.

Recommendations please?

trock

2. foghorn

foghorn Registered Member

If your data is important I would not recommend using optical media as they liable to scratching and should imv not be considered reliable.

Neither should partitioning your drive be considered reliable as if the disk crashes you would loose your backup.

Better options are to backup to at least one separate disk, e.g. over a network to another machine, or to an external drive, the latter of these is not that expensive.

3. trock

trock Registered Member

Thank you,

What is the most reasonable way to get an external drive? And then, how do I do a transfer of all information on the original. Will I need a data migration kit?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello trock,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

You can store your image archive on CDs, on DVDs, on a local/network drive or on an external drive. If you want to create an image to DVD, please read the information about writing on DVD on our web-site.

You can download Acronis True Image 8.0 trial version and see how this software works.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.