SysRescue - Virus Scanner Initialization failed.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by billgonemad, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billgonemad

billgonemad Registered Member

I am having an issue running a SysRescue disc I made with nod32 antivirus. Everytime I boot the disc, it tells me that my antivirus protection is disabled and that the scanner failed to initialize. Is this a known issue? I am running XP Pro. Any help would be much appreciated.

Bill

2. Geosoft

Geosoft Registered Member

Hi Billgonemad,

If you wait a few minutes, it should tell you that ESET found a virus signature on CD if you would like to use it for scanning your system, or to go online and update the virus signature.

Once you have completed this prompt and sucessfully updated your virus signature database, you will see that ESET is ready to go and is ready to scan your system.

Hope this helps!

3. billgonemad

billgonemad Registered Member

Thanks for the advice. I actually got the rescue disc working last night. I downloaded the latest release, un-installed, the re-installed and made a new disc. After doing that, everything happened just as you described. Previously it had updated the definitions but was not ready to go. I believe the old version I had was 4.0.314.0 if that helps anyone else that has the same issue.

4. bigmickeyc

bigmickeyc Registered Member

Thanks billgonemad, you helped me solve this problem. I was using v 4.0.314.0 and had the same error, upgraded to latest version 4.2.40.0 and no problems. I didn't need to uninstall the old version first, just installed the new version straight over the top and rebooted and made a new SysRescue disc - actually I used a USB flash drive (already made bootable by the infamous HP utility) and this worked fine.

My question is, why didn't ESS update the program automatically to the latest version? I had the option set to notify me when program updates were available, but I never received this notification.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.