SYSRESCUE Notebook check quick finish...

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jockel, Apr 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jockel

jockel Registered Member

Hi,
    I have successfully created a sysrescue DVD using a PC with "4.2.71.2 ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition" installed. Everything went fine. When I am now checking a Notebook using this DVD, using "Smartscan" option or manually set to all drives and "indepth", the scan completes within 3-4 minutes.

If I do the same with a sysrescue DVD created 2 months ago, scanning takes minimum 30-40 minutes. Do the standard options have changed with the new version, as this seems to be far to quick for me. The scanned notebook is running Windows XP-SP3 and bears about 25GB of various data. Other "NOD32-sysrecue-DVD" like DVDs from other sources (c`t disinfect...) run scans on the very Notebook for minimum ~one hour per scanning engine.

Is there any known reason for this quick finish, do you expect this recent Sysrescue DVD to work/scan properly?

Thank you for reading!

2. DrewD

DrewD Eset Staff Account

Please try running this ESET SysRescue DVD on a different computer, to verify if the same issue happens.

3. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Have you compared the "Number of scanned objects" for both scans? You'll get these results at the end of each scan, or from the ESET SysRescue main window, toggle Standard to Advanced mode (CTRL + M), then go to Tools > Log files > On-demand computer scan.

Let us know what you find.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.