SYSRescue cd/usb RC 5

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by NoobStick, Jun 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoobStick

NoobStick Guest

Hello
    Dear Eset, under the creation of a Sysrescue usb using RC 5.0.84.0, I found that Eset still using the same approach for 64 bit users as you did under the version 4.You still have to download ESET 32-bit msi installation file. It is not a big problem but I find it a littel troublesome. Is there not a more elegant method?
    Furthermore the scan time for SysRescue was 65 minutes for 260273 files, is that a ok time, because an in depth scan in a normal Windows environment for my laptop is about 16 minutes for 273220 files.
    I am using windows home premium 7 64 bit, intel i5, 8gb dd3 ram and no other AV in the environment RC 5 is running in.

Kind Regards and keep up the good work :D

NoobStick

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

The current method of implementing ESET SysRescue is the best version currently available. It is something which is periodically reviewed, though, and may change in the future.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. NoobStick

NoobStick Guest

Hello,

As I wrote it is not the biggest problem, it just feel awkward to to do a Sysrescue cd/usb for a 64 bit user, and Yes, right now there are probably more important projects to spend manpower on; but nonetheless it could be nice to don't have to download the ESET 32-bit msi installation file ;)
    Thank you for taking the time for answering.

Take care

Noobstick

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  4. FireBloodPhoeniX

FireBloodPhoeniX Registered Member

I think a "quick-fix" would be to join the 64bit & 32Bit installers together ,this will solve some other issues too,like the customer dose not know what bit version his OS is would not have to worry because the installer can install both bit versions!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.