sysguard (antivirus system pro) virus

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by tbolick, Nov 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tbolick

tbolick Registered Member

I have two clients who use NOD32 on all their machine. Within the last week, we have had 3 PCs get infected with the sysguard (Antivirus System Pro) malware. NOD32 was running at the time, and a scan did not even pick it up.

I ended up manually killing the running exe and deleting the file. But I would have expected NOD32 to catch it, why did it not?

Tom...

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

From my experience, ESET is one of the very few AVs to detect new rogue AV/AS programs. If you come across a suspicious file not detected by ESET, please submit it per the instructions here.

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I have to agree with Marcos. Rogue sites are the only thing I really know how to test and are the type I hate the most. From my testing Eset and MSE seem to do the best job at detecting them.

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I also must add, that recent testing in the last few days shows me that Insight with Norton may just be the killer for rogue sites. Go figure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.