Syntax for computer name MASK in policy

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by edwin3333, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

When I create a policy rule I have the option of defining it based on machine name mask.

What is the syntax to this? The help nor the ERA guide seems to not have the syntax listed.

I have tried PC* Pc.... and PC.... with the thought of . being a regex. Nothing I am trying is working. I am clicking apply, and then run rules now. These machines actually switch back to the default policy when I do that.

2. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

It uses normal wildcard syntax, so PC* should work (assuming you aren't having case sensitivity issues). Are you sure you don't have a superceeding policy rule re-assigning the clients to the default policy after they are switched to this new one? That and make sure you are selecting the correct policy from the Policy drop-down menu.

3. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

It was the drop down menu / select policy which I had wrong. For some reason I didn't see that and assumed that when I switched tabs from the policy manager to the rules that I was working the rules for that policy. I see the error of my ways now. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.