Syntax for computer name MASK in policy

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by edwin3333, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

When I create a policy rule I have the option of defining it based on machine name mask.

What is the syntax to this? The help nor the ERA guide seems to not have the syntax listed.

I have tried PC* Pc.... and PC.... with the thought of . being a regex. Nothing I am trying is working. I am clicking apply, and then run rules now. These machines actually switch back to the default policy when I do that.

2. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

It uses normal wildcard syntax, so PC* should work (assuming you aren't having case sensitivity issues). Are you sure you don't have a superceeding policy rule re-assigning the clients to the default policy after they are switched to this new one? That and make sure you are selecting the correct policy from the Policy drop-down menu.

3. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

It was the drop down menu / select policy which I had wrong. For some reason I didn't see that and assumed that when I switched tabs from the policy manager to the rules that I was working the rules for that policy. I see the error of my ways now. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.