SyncBack ?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by RSpanky, Jun 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RSpanky

RSpanky Registered Member

I would like to backup my Data to a external hard drive.I have tried it one time but most of my files hidden and could not be opened. Or it says that they are in use. Do I need need to use the option to view my hidden files? Or is this something that can be done in safe mode or offline? What are the are most important files to backup? Thanks RSpanky

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

What data files do you have hidden. As to the last question, only you can really answer that. Something like Syncback is not a replacement for an imaging program and probably can't do the system disk.

If you need something that will say back Outlook files, while Outlook is open that's a different issue. But ask.

Pete

3. RSpanky

Pete, I am talking about the hidden Files & Folders by default. The last time I used SyncBack for my Data backup, It said that there where files in use and something that I don't remember. I have a imaging app that i use its Drive Snap Shot. Are the best files to backup like My Documents, or the whole C drive,Just a noobie here I'm trying to learn all I can about this. Thanks for your reply Pete

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

You would use Drive Snapshot to image the whole disk for disaster recovery.

With syncback yes it typically would be files in someplace like My Doc's. Word files, spreadsheets, etc. You shouldn't have any hidden files there unless you purposely hid them. Also you should close any programs that use the files. Syncback is fairly simple and probably can't deal with hidden files or files in use.

Pete

5. RSpanky

OK Thanks Pete, RSpanky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.