Sync Issues Conflicts w/Outlook 2007 in cached mode

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by terpnut, Dec 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terpnut

terpnut Registered Member

I several users running NOD32 v3.0.672 with Outlook 2007 in cached mode having Junk and/or Inbox messages/emails having conflicts (i.e. they show up in \Sync Issues\Conflict folder). We have duplicated this problem with several clients so it's not a problem with any individual setup or configuration. The conflicts occur even when NOD32's email scanning is disabled. Is there anything I can do to prevent these email conflicts or is this a bug in NOD32?

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello terpnut,

Please try the following and let me know how it works.

1. Open the main program window by clicking the ESET icon next to the system clock or by clicking ‘Start’ -> ‘All Programs’ -> ‘ESET’ -> ‘ESET Smart Security’ or ‘ESET NOD32 Antivirus’.

2. Press the F5 key to display the Advanced Setup window.

3. From the Advanced Setup tree, click 'Antivirus and antispyware' -> 'Protocol Filtering'.

For ESET Smart Security users, click 'Personal Firewall' -> 'Protocol Filtering'.

4. Select the 'Applications marked as Internet browsers or e-mail clients' option.

5. From the Advanced Setup tree, click 'Antivirus and antispyware' -> 'Web access protection' -> 'HTTP' -> 'Web browsers' and make sure that only the applications you want scanned with the Internet filter are selected. Typically only real web browsers (iexplorer.exe, firefox.exe, etc.) will need to be selected. Repeat this step for email clients (outlook.exe, thunderbird.exe, etc.) by clicking 'POP3' -> 'Email Clients'.

6. Click 'OK' to save your changes.

Thank you,
    Richard

3. mdornfeld

mdornfeld Registered Member

Has ESET ever verified this is an issue? Did you ever get anywhere with this. We have the same issue right now and we run Nod32 3.0.667.

Thank you!

4. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello mdornfeld,

Does adjusting the protocol filtering in my above post work?

Thank you,
    Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.