Symantec Website Not Working?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by AvinashR, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

Hi Guys,

Since yesterday, I am facing a serious problem, i was not able to get connected with Symantec's website even i am not able to get my NIS 2010 updated manually. Whenever i try to update it, it takes to much time to update and after an update it says there is possible temper with my HOST file. But i know my system is clean and i have done a full system scanning with NIS as well as Prevx and everything found clean.

Now i have saw that some guys at norton's community are complaining about update server..they are also facing the same problem. So can anybody confirm me this? Are you guys able to connect www.symantec.com ?

Please do confirm me the same.

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

3. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

Hey Bro JR,

Its working now, but 15 minutes back it was not working. Even when i opened wilderssecurity.com, OpenDNS prompt me that Wilderssecurity is blocked for this domain...I was shocked after seeing this. May be there is some problem with OpenDNS ...Don't know.o_O :rolleyes:

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

AvinashR, glad to hear that it's working now. Take care.

JR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.