Symantec study: cybercrime is rampant around the world

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by MrBrian, Sep 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

From http://www.pcworld.com/businesscent...nt_around_the_world_says_study.html?tk=hp_new:

2. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I believe cyber crime could be drastically reduced if Governments funded programs to educate the general public on how most people fall prey to malware, social engineering, phishing etc.. I know malware writers are constantly evolving, but in a lot of cases it would only require them to use a little common sense to prevent them from getting infected or giving their personal information out to begin with. They should have a special edition on all the news channels showing video footage on how most users get deceived into infecting themselves. My favorite is when you have a popup saying something like you need to install this video codec to play this file or you have a zillion popups on a website saying you are infected with every known virus to man, and you need to install this AV to get ride of all the viruses you supposedly have lol A lot of times people that are in need or don't have anything give their personal information out in hopes of gaining some Monetary item that is only a hokes. I feel really bad for these people because they probably were already down on their luck to begin with.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.