Symantec Script Runner?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Daveski17, May 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I have just uninstalled an old Yahoo toolbar I had forgotten I had 'hidden' in IE 8. I actually updated it first, but decided it was pretty useless.

As I was checking the add-ons manager in IE 8 (Vista HP) ~ Manage add-ons in 'All add-ons' mode & I noticed an add-on by SupportSoft Inc. called Symantec Script Runner Class version 6.9.26740

It appears to have been installed on April 9th, September 2007, which was before I actually bought the computer. It isn't a currently loaded add-on.

I used to have Norton as my anti-virus program about a year ago but now I use McAfee NetProtect Plus which I get with my ISP (British Telecom).

My computer is running fine & I have had no problems since uninstalling Norton, I just don't know what this add-on is or does.

Any ideas?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

remove it

3. Daveski17

Yeah, that goes without saying. I just wondered what it was. Probably some residual left from Norton. It's not active anyway. Norton's like a f****** tapeworm! No matter how hard you try, some of it is still left in your system. :mad:

4. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Didn't they have some sort of IE toolbar addon? Would pretty likely be remnants of that.

5. Daveski17

Probably, I can't remember. I didn't run Norton for long & I hardly ever use IE. I learned my lesson about unnecessary toolbars ages ago!

6. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

IIRC- didn't the yahoo toolbar come with some sort of symantec scanner of some sort for a while?

7. Daveski17

I think it did. It was all with the BT Yahoo! bundle & I soon discovered the toolbar was often unstable. To be honest I was using Firefox 99% of the time in those days so I didn't take that much notice. Norton was a pain in the arse though! I'm glad I only used it about 8 months.

8. iravgupta

iravgupta Registered Member

Script Runner is used by Symantec support teams for troubleshooting issues during support calls.

9. Daveski17

OK, thanks for the info. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.