Symantec Script Runner?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Daveski17, May 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I have just uninstalled an old Yahoo toolbar I had forgotten I had 'hidden' in IE 8. I actually updated it first, but decided it was pretty useless.

As I was checking the add-ons manager in IE 8 (Vista HP) ~ Manage add-ons in 'All add-ons' mode & I noticed an add-on by SupportSoft Inc. called Symantec Script Runner Class version 6.9.26740

It appears to have been installed on April 9th, September 2007, which was before I actually bought the computer. It isn't a currently loaded add-on.

I used to have Norton as my anti-virus program about a year ago but now I use McAfee NetProtect Plus which I get with my ISP (British Telecom).

My computer is running fine & I have had no problems since uninstalling Norton, I just don't know what this add-on is or does.

Any ideas?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

remove it

3. Daveski17

Yeah, that goes without saying. I just wondered what it was. Probably some residual left from Norton. It's not active anyway. Norton's like a f****** tapeworm! No matter how hard you try, some of it is still left in your system. :mad:

4. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Didn't they have some sort of IE toolbar addon? Would pretty likely be remnants of that.

5. Daveski17

Probably, I can't remember. I didn't run Norton for long & I hardly ever use IE. I learned my lesson about unnecessary toolbars ages ago!

6. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

IIRC- didn't the yahoo toolbar come with some sort of symantec scanner of some sort for a while?

7. Daveski17

I think it did. It was all with the BT Yahoo! bundle & I soon discovered the toolbar was often unstable. To be honest I was using Firefox 99% of the time in those days so I didn't take that much notice. Norton was a pain in the arse though! I'm glad I only used it about 8 months.

8. iravgupta

iravgupta Registered Member

Script Runner is used by Symantec support teams for troubleshooting issues during support calls.

9. Daveski17

OK, thanks for the info. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.