Symantec Norton Goback 4.0

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by lindi, Apr 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lindi

lindi Registered Member

hi,

i bought this SYMANTEC NORTON GOBACK 4.0, installed it on my laptop but after a while my computer became really really slow and my programs keep stalling. so i wanted to uninstall it but forgot my password and it wouldnt let me uninstall the program. i then tried to manually delete the program but it wont even let me onto windows after rebooting my laptop and i keep getting error messages. now i cannot even start my computer using safemode and am totally stuck!! i dont wish to format my harddrive if possible since i have stored many of my fav pics on my harddrive. this program seems to be more trouble than good! can you please helpo_O

lindi

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Welcome to the forum lindi!

Sound's like you panicked!? Start with Norton's page on GoBack for their "What To Do's."
    If you discover along the way you need to make a bootdisc to regain Windows, you can pick one up here.

Knowing which system we're talking about might help ....

GF

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

While not generally a fan of any symantec product, this can be an issue with any product. The danger in setting a password, unless it is truly needed is clearly illustrated here.

Pete

4. mikisu

mikisu Registered Member

Cant guarantee this will work,but try PC Wizard-under configurations-Key security logo.

This then shows many(but not all) passwords.

http://www.cpuid.org/pcwizard

Best of luck,I know that horrible feeling!!

Mike

.ps-if this doesnt work do a Google for password recovery software

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.