Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Relemar, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Relemar

Relemar Registered Member

Right here's the story inside my PC. I have Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition, on out Network. Only 3 PC's, it's version 8. Can you upgrade from 8, to the latest version for free?

Is Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition a good Antivirus?

Also, SAV Corporate Edition vs. Avast free home edition. Give me your thoughts please :)

I'm also new to these Forums, I'm a member of Spyware Terminator's Forums. (SpywareTerminator.com)

2. Relemar

reply please?

3. IBK

IBK AV Expert

be patient :D

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

well if the 3 computer network is in your home and not a business then you can use avast home on all of them.
    Sav is ment to be a good av and much better and lighter than the home symantec products.
    it has more cusotmizeing than the home products but still has the crappy live update....
    lodore

5. Relemar

ok thankyou, an you upgrade from 8, to the latest version for free? I have 8.0 something installed and want 10.xxxx is it free to get?

some kind of discount I buy SAV:CE for lot of money years ago

6. Relemar

IBK can you helpme you seem a good person with av's please try to answer my questions best u can ok?

Right here's the story inside my PC. I have Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition, on out Network. Only 3 PC's, it's version 8. Can you upgrade from 8, to the latest version for free?

Is Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition a good Antivirus?

Also, SAV Corporate Edition vs. Avast free home edition. Give me your thoughts please

I'm also new to these Forums, I'm a member of Spyware Terminator's Forums. (SpywareTerminator.com)

7. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

only way you can tell, ... download it, try your key ;)

----
    i too recommend avast home, i still cant believe it is free for home users, with only a script blocker being the differene in security compared to the paid version, amazing!!!

http://www.avast.com/eng/av4_version_comp.html

corporate versions are supposed to be good, but i always prefer the home versions, i cant put my finger on why though.

note to you: stop rushing, people will reply ... its a busy forum :D ... european football is on the tele, what do you expect? *lol*

8. IBK

IBK AV Expert

I do not think that the update is free, but I do not know.
    Regarding detection rate, av-comparatives says that Symantec detects a bit more than avast.

9. Relemar

Well this is what I have got an install of Sav for W2000 Client v8.01.425 it's the full package of SAV.

From of my Neighbours PC, he has it in a folder :p

its free from him

10. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

That version is way too old, and contains many security leaks which are fixed in newer versions. I'll recommend you to use avast! instead.

11. Relemar

thankyou, so it cost money to get update?

i like avast too

12. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

Yes it does. Unless you can get it free from your company (if there is a license agreement with Symantec) or school.

tD

13. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    You cannot upgrade Symantec Corp Edition for free. It needs to be licensed.

You should upgrade to a better product. On top of that..version 8 is waaaaay outdated...fairly useless.

14. Rickk

Rickk Registered Member

Relimar,
    re. "Upgrading" your corporate licenced Symantec AV...

In general, it is your company that decides (when and IF) to upgrade the corporate license and not the individual employees that are authorized to use it for free.

Are you an employee of the company that licensed the AV? If so, simply go and ask your employer to upgrade. :)

Or... plan B, upgrade by purchasing a personal, home version of that Symantec AV.
    (you probably didn't want to hear that ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.