Sygate update?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by notageek, Aug 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notageek

notageek Registered Member

Majorgeek http://www.majorgeeks.com/download1558.html is reporting a sygate update but the sygate forums aren't (yet). Sygate isn't reporting an update either. Can anyone confirm this or know what they updated?

2. A Geek

A Geek Guest

Majorgeeks is usually a pretty reliable site, so it should be legit. However, you are right... I don't see any sign of it on Sygate's site.

You might play it safe and just use the update checker in the firewall to check for a new update..

3. notageek

Yeah I know Majorgeek is a reliable source but I didn't see it anywhere else. I checked the updater when I posted the first post (I haven't checked it yet) and there wasn't a new update yet. I'm going to check around now. Thanks.

4. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

What is the version #? The latest build version I know of is 2637.

5. notageek

Majorgeeks is calling it 2710. I still don't have it showing up on my udater.

6. notageek

7. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

The majorgeeks site claims that it now scans your computer for vulnerabilities, read the last sentence on the site.

If that isn't enough, it includes advanced active-scan vulnerability assessment to pinpoint your weaknesses and fine-tune your security policy.

I am not sure if that means the link to the Sygate Online Scanner or something else.

8. notageek

Well I'm not going to update until it shows up on the updater.

9. A Geek Again

A Geek Again Guest

10. divedog

divedog Registered Member

I downloaded the update. The first thing I noticed was a new application called wgxn doing a lot of 2 way traffic with the web (see attached). I looked it up in one of the Sygate support forums. It would appear Sygate hasn’t released much on the new process yet. I am curious to know more about it.

http://forums.sygatetech.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=10625&highlight=wgxn

Attached Files:

11. notageek

I updated and I don't have any file named that trying to connect. I have version 5.5 bulid 2710. It's the free version of sygate.

12. divedog

I don’t see it in my running process any more, it was there yesterday as you can see from the screen shot. NOTAGEEK check for me if you would the main applications tab and see if there was a rule created for it. More info is available on WGXN in the sygate link in my last post. Very weird.

13. A Geek Again

A Geek Again Guest

I just installed Sygate Pro 2710 a few minutes ago and I don't see it here either. No problems here...

14. divedog

15. notageek

I checked my running process and the main window and I don't see it or a rule for it anywhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.