Sygate PF & ZA Free

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by rdsu, Jan 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Hi,

I want to suggest a free firewall protection to my friends, but want to know what of these firewall have less issues with another programs, better stability, protection and use less resources at this moment...

I prefer the GUI and configuration of Sygate PF, but want to know your opinion and experience on this :)

Thanks

2. Spyros

Spyros Guest

I have used almost all free firewalls available... I wouldn't change Sygate with any other. No problems.

3. Atangel

Atangel Registered Member

I prefer Sygate to ZAF, but there is a slightly higher learning curve for Sygate. At the low end of the scale, they both pretty much do the same and have the default set of settings (always ask). At the higher end, Sygate is clearly more sophisticated and much easier to use. Better logging too.

4. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

Been using SPF Pro for a while, and have customized it to my satisfaction. The same can be done to a not too limited degree with the free version. Having used both, Sygate is a better choice in the long run. The features even in the free version are less fluff, more protection, AFAIC.

5. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

On my "experience":

Sygate: much better GUI that makes more easy to understand and config, but always use some(very little) CPU...

ZoneAlarm: hard to config and the GUI is not user friend, but doesn't always use some CPU like Sygate...

Conclusion:
    If we are a newbie or an expert we can use the Sygate, and the ZoneAlarm is more for an experts...

Last edited: Jan 16, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.