Sygate Personal Firewall : Problem ?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by vkidv, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vkidv

vkidv Registered Member

Hello,

I have some problems opening Spygate Personal Firewall 4.0 (?)

When i open it, The regristration window comes up, And then when i go to type somthing into it....It closes.. :doubt: :eek:

Its kind of weird, But i think its my computer:-

Windows XP Service Pack 1
    1. somthing GHZ
    128 mb ram....(bah)
    30 gb

:s

Please help.

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi vkidv, and welcome to Wilders

It looks like you are using an older version of Sygate (paid..? or free version?). The most recent version is v. 5.1 build 1615s. That may be the reason you are not able to "register" Sygate, if that is what you are trying to do.

You can get the new build here:
    http://soho.sygate.com/free/default.php

You may want to post what is happening at their forum:
    http://forums.sygate.com/vb/

There are links there in the KnowledgeBase forum (at the above link) that will give you instructions on the clean uninstall of the older version. Note: It is not recommended to install the newer version overtop the older versions.

snap

edited to add - i also use Sygate Personal Firewall, free version 5.1 build 1615 on Win98se, WinME and XP-Home sp1, and i had found that using the older version 4 did not work well with some applications...so it is a good thing to stay up-to-date with the new releases when it comes to firewalls. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.