Sygate Personal firewall (free)

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Michael_aust, Feb 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_aust

Michael_aust Registered Member

I was using zonealarm free but switched to using sygate this week to try it out. Do both these firewalls stop intruders or do they only warn you that you are being attacked?

This may be a stupid question, its just i was wondering because when i read through the user comments on sygate a few said it doesnt actualy block attacks etc.

thanks

Michael

Last edited: Feb 12, 2005
  2. quexx88

quexx88 Registered Member

It will block them. Otherwise, it wouldn't really be a firewall, now would it? :)

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Michael,

There is a Sticky thread at the top of this Forum called....Other Firewalls Sticky Posts and Other Useful Links. As part of that thread is a link at the bottom named....Home User Security: Personal Firewalls that you may find very informative. In that link....among the many explanations....are some words used concerning inbound\outbound filtering. That's one of the duties of a Firewall....it filters incoming\outgoing data(packets).

Both Sygate and Zone Alarm are very good at filtering packets and to answer your question with your words....they both do a good job of stoping intruders and warning you that you are being attacked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.