Sygate Firewall Pro - where can I get it?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by aegreen, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aegreen

aegreen Registered Member

Anyone know where I can get a copy of the Sygate Firewall Pro that doesn't need registering. I had one that didn't require a serial but seem to have lost it. Think it was a late beta but can't be sure. I found some links to Savefile but their site is down for now. Any help would be welcome.

2. simisg

simisg Registered Member

3. Bob D

Bob D Registered Member

4. aegreen

aegreen Registered Member

Thanks for your help, but these versions seem to require registration. I'm sure I had a build that didn't, just can't remember where I got it.

5. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

The registration process amounts to filling in your name and e-mail address.
    Upon submission, you will receive a 404 error (website not found if I remember correctly), and that's the end of that.
    The firewall operates perfectly, even the help file.

Here's a link from Softpedia for the Pro version.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Firewall/Sygate-Personal-Firewall-PRO.shtml

I haven't used it in probably a year, but it used to work just fine.
    I can't test it now because I'm running another firewall.

Softpedia also has a link for the free version which also requires the "registration" process, and it works the same way.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  6. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

The situation;

Home use, reasonably safe surfing. ADSL, ie, xp, with a good router.

Dislikes Online Armor style firewalls for the constant surviellence of programs opening etc and the action page popping up again and again.

Apart from the hips feature is there anything signficant to consider before suggesting a try of 'ye old Sygate'??

7. dave88

dave88 Registered Member

Sygate is a reliable, lightweight firewall with great logs. The only thing you might need to know is that when you 'allow' a program internet access, by default it allows server rights. So you might want to go to the applications tab and the 'advanced' settings of the allowed program(s) and uncheck the 'act as server' checkbox. While your there you might also uncheck 'allow ICMP traffic', most programs don't need it.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.