Sygate 5.5

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Ralph Wiggums, Nov 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ralph Wiggums

Ralph Wiggums Registered Member

Anyone notice on the applications tab in Sygate that protocol drivers such as .ipnat.sys don't have the option of advanced settings to deny server rights? Was a downer for me.

2. .uptime

.uptime Guest

No I haven't noticed anything like that. All the programs in my application list, under advanced setting, are toggable to act as a client, server, allow icmp, trusted ips, allow during screensaver, etc. It should be noted that it seems they are all enabled to act as server by default though. This is not a big issue, as the firewall has other levels of protection, and it's easy to uncheck.

Are you using the free version? I am a registered user. Are the options greyed out? If not, does nothing happen when you uncheck 'act as server' and hit ok?

[move][glow=red,2,300]If all else fails, make an advanced rule for it[/glow][/move]

:D

3. Sisko

Sisko Registered Member

Protocol drivers do not have advanced options in the application list (Advanced is grayed out) . This is normal because these are not applications just protocol drivers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.