Sybase <> NOD32 Compatability Issues?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by manney, Jul 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manney

manney Registered Member

We have installed NOD32 inhouse and at one of our customers site, but since installing it, both sites are experiencing intermitant problems connecting to our databases. Previous to the installation we have never experienced database connectivity problems unless there where physical connection problems

We have gone for days with out any problems then, you get a day like today when you have to restart the database service about 5 times and it is only 10:35!!

The database is not reporting any problems, but the clients can't seem to communicate with the server. The database uses TCP/IP to comunicate, I have also tried fixing the port number it uses (TCP#5050) but this has not helped.
    At both sites, the database service is running on Windows 2003 server, which is also installed with NOD32 Admin + NOD RAS. I too have excluded the db server EXE and dbfile and log file from AMON trying to resolve the issue, but it is still happening

All NOD components installed are version 2.000.9
    Also don't know if this is related but thought I'd better mention it both sites run terminal services on the 2003 server

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Manney, when did you actually downloaded the NOD32 installer? If it was before July 2, please download the latest version and reinstall NOD32. Also you could try excluding Sybase's executables in IMON setup, or completely turning off IMON.

3. manney

manney Registered Member

Do you recomend uninstalling the product fully and reinstalling with the latest install files?

Do you have to reinstall the workstations too?

WHat about the Remote Server ? Uninstall/Reinstall?

4. manney

manney Registered Member

Marcos,
    may I make a small recommendation! Can you please see if you could publish the file datetime stamp and maybe the version number on the NOD32 download page, for each of the files.

It would make it so much easier to see if you had the latest installer files

Manney

5. manney

manney Registered Member

Just to let you know that I have
    UNINSTALLED NOD32 from the 2003 server (nt admin version)
    DOWNLOADED the lastest exe from nod download site
    REINSTALLED NOD32

but i've just checked to see what versions of the software have been installed
    and all components are 2.000.9 except Administrative Tools which are v 2.000.8

is this correct?

ps it is 17:15 on a Friday and I'm off to the pub. Just hope I have a server to get back to on monday! o_O

6. arrowsmithmidwest

arrowsmithmidwest Registered Member

i had the same sort of issue.
    But i sorted it out finally yesterday, i had NT server running for a few weeks with NO AV!!!

Any NOD sent me a link to download the new beta to try.
    i put that on and all was good, everything worked.
    i was amazed.
    so get the beta and try that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.