Switching to ESS, need input :)

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by simo1337, Nov 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simo1337

simo1337 Registered Member

I've been using KIS for a long time, got used to the great firewall, frequent updates... but I'm so done with system lags, often my box is un-usable because of KIS.

I tried NO32 + Comodo, but that didn't last long, didn't like Comodo. I'm thinking of switching to full ESS, but I'm not sure about its firewall, and how it stands in general compared to other products (mainly KIS).

I would like your input, or links to reviews, comparatives that could really push me to making a definite switch to ESS.

Your input is highly appreciated. Thank you.

PS: I don't intend on starting flaimebait or anything, If you have anything personal/non-technical-wise against a product, keep it to yourself please.

2. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

http://www.eset.com/download/free_trial_download_ess.php

Should you want, the above is the Free 30-Day ESS V4 Trial download site; Requires, of course, you Uninstall the current AV/FW.

You should more accurate appraisals (known hiccups, compatibility, etc) from the more knowledgeable Responders by stating your OS and other security-type apps you use. Good luck.

3. simo1337

Thank you.
    I have already installed the trial on a test box. I will be giving it a few days of testing.

I just needed input from long-term users/customers in case I missed something.

4. pbmcmlxxi

pbmcmlxxi Registered Member

Remember to check other posts in the forum if you are using Windows 7 as eset have some compatibility issues to catch up with.

5. simo1337

@pjb: thank you but still vista here. 7 will have to wait a couple month before it becomes my main OS.

anw, one pesky thing I just noticed: ads! they're everywhere now (chrome, WLM, even WLM chat windows...) with KIS, I never had a single ad. Any tips to get rid of these annoying ads ?

6. pbmcmlxxi

pbmcmlxxi Registered Member

I personally use admuncher. Used it for years. Just google for it as not sure if can post a link here. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.