Switching License Key in NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by fm1, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fm1

fm1 Registered Member

Hi,

wer are curently Using NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition with a 1000 User License Key. Now, our Business Unit was shopped and we need a new Key, only for our Unit.
    What happens, if i switch the License on the Server into the new Key? Will the Client Computers Update their License automaticly with the Update of the Virus patterns? Or do i have to switch it manually on every Client?

Regards
    fm1

2. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

It depends. Normally you would only load the license key into the remote administrator server. That way you don't need to change anything on the clients (If updating from a mirror).

If for some reason the lic file is in the client (Which it shouldn't, unless you want to turn a client into an update mirror) you need to update that.

If the client updates from the official ESET update servers, you need to update the username and password.

3. fm1

fm1 Registered Member

Now i received our new License Key and tried to upload it in the License Manager. But the Server choose the "best" License automatically and so the old one remains. How can i delete the old License?

And another Question...
    We are running Server Version 3.1.15
    Can i download V 4.0.138 and install it and all the Settings are still there, after Installation?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.