SWB won`t update manually.

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Shaitan, Apr 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaitan

Shaitan Registered Member

I hit update, then it just sits there. After a bit I get the old Server returned unexpected response. And no update. Any ideas? And I tried to d/l manually from the tips thread, but it says I am not allowed to d/l from this server. Thx

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /spywareblaster/sbdatabase.dtb on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.29 Server at www.spywareblaster.net Port 80

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

What firewall are you using? Some firewalls offer certain extra "stealth" features that may interfere with the updating process.

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. Shaitan

Shaitan Registered Member

Hyas. Thx for your reply. I use ZA, and have the identicle setup on both PCs I own. SWB on my gamer rig updates no problem. My server rig tho? This is where the SWB update does not wanna work.

4. cobolt

cobolt Guest

Yes I have the same problem done every thing I can think of emailed support for help and not even a reply grate aint it !

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

I'm looking into the issue now. With luck I'll be able to reproduce it.

Cobolt, do you use ZoneAlarm also? Or do you have another firewall installed?

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

6. Cobolt

Cobolt Guest

No no firewall of any kind I have even turned the firewall in xp pro off

7. njkatz

njkatz Registered Member

I've been having the same problem. I don't use a software firewall, but I have a hardware firewall that I had used without problems with the earlier version (don't remember what number) of SpywareBlaster. I turned off the firewall and tried different update settings, but nothing worked. Using XP Home.
    thanks

8. sobergeorge

sobergeorge Registered Member

Using XP Home
    Free version of zone alarm <4.5.538.001>

I also can not do a manual update. I had no problem updating untill this weekend. When I try to update I get the following error:

Error connecting to update server

There may be a conflict with firewall software on your PC.

I've never had a problem with the manual update before. Is there a setting I can put in the firewall setup to allow the program to update?

Thanks

9. MikeF.

MikeF. Guest

I'm having the same problem. Can't update. Get "Error Connecting to Update Server" message. I even checked the alternate download option and that did not help. I turned off ZoneAlarm, still no go. Tried uninstall/reinstall SWB and that didn't fix it either. Very frustrating. SWB is a new download for me and I've tried everything I know. Please help.
    Mike

10. Alastair

Alastair Registered Member

I am new - and came here because of the same problem quoted here. I have been unable to manually update for a month or two now. Incidentally it has not worked since i installed free Zone Alarm (I initially accepted the free ZA Pro trial and have since reverted to free ZA).

Has this issue been resolved? Any help greatly appreciated.

I am also running SE Adaware and Spybot S&D (both working fine).

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.