SWB & W2K Professional

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by griedel, May 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. griedel

griedel Registered Member

I am currently testing Spyware Blaster on a computer here at my school.I have noticed that when I install under an administrator and enable the settings everything is good. Then when I log in as a user the Restricted Sites protection settings show that they are not enabled. When I open the window the 'Restrict the actions of spware/ad/tracking sites in Internet Explorer" is checked but everything below is unchecked.

Is there a way to have this setting stick once you have it set for one it will be for all?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Some of the protections in SpywareBlaster are "per user" simply because SB is using the registry keys provided by Microsoft for these Internet Explorer options, and those keys are "per user". In the registry, the P3P cookie blocking and IE Restricted sites lists are stored under HKEY_CURRENT_USER, so they will always be handled per user. Running SpywareBlaster, and setting all the protections from every user would be necessary.

3. griedel

griedel Registered Member

I want to Change this. I want everything to be under Local Machine so it is on a per machine use not per user. Do you know if this can be done... And have you heard of anyone doing this...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.