Suspending Neoava Guard development

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by dmenace, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmenace

dmenace Registered Member

From the Neoava Guard Weblog:

"Sunday, October 28, 2007
    Suspending NG development

I'm sorry to say this but after trying to continue NG development along with my new work and my new life, finally I decided to suspend NG development for a few months untill I have more time to spend on it. Cuz NG development needs my mind to be focused on it and currently this is impossible.

And to all NG fans: Don't worry this is not an end to NG project, its development will continue, be sure.
    This is your help and support which keep me from ending this project. I will do my best to respond your support by developing the NG, the best free HIPS.

Posted by Arman Nayyeri at 9:49:00 AM":doubt: :'(

Link:http://www.neoava.com/weblog.htm

2. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

Damn. That suck. I had just gotten to the point where I preferred NG over any other HIPS. But it did have its bugs. I guess my search for an SSM replacement continues.

3. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Take a look at ProSecurity's new beta. Pretty good IMHO.;)

4. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

It is, obviously, impossible to develop world-level free HIPS nowadays as it requires all your time, concentration and financial resources and, even having it, you may fail because of huge and extremely complex work field.

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I totaly agree with you and sadly HIPS have a limited market.

On the contrary, limited market is a plus as if HIPS ever become mainstream, more complex malware will be written in an intention to bypass HIPS- another cat and mouse game.

6. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Indeed true, and is why the classical Layered Approach will continue to be of huge benefit for all who practice it as opposed to strictly AV/AS Suites. The same no doubt applies to HIPS (unhookers comes to mind)

If security is wrapped up in a single package it's destined at some point to drop and when it does everything with it goes as well.

It looks that from all the posts and results from real-world experiences over time that it will always be safest to use a VARIETY of different protections such as Virtuals, Sandboxes, HIPS, etc. capped off by saved images for restore from either your ISR solution/Image App and/or BOTH!

7. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

To stay updated about continuation of NG development, feel free to subscribe here

Smokey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.