Suspend method question

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by stalker, Jun 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stalker

stalker Registered Member

Hey, this is not question about Process Guard directly, but rather about termination methods, and ATM utility.

I get used to use ATM quite often for when processes are behaving badly, and I don't want to use kill process method (terminate), I try other, "gentlier" first (WM_CLOSE, is the one, I prefer, and why I use ATM, or end task as in WindowsXP Task Manager)

But my question really is about so-called suspend method.

Is occassionally suspending processes dangerous, bad for system in general ??
    I mean badly behaving, or normally behaving processes (like to much CPU consuming at a time), has any influence on computer aspects, file management for instance - just speculating - if you suspend some process, that is doing some row file operations, etc., etc ??

Thanks for any help

2. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

There should be no problems with suspending a process in most cases. Some programs might "freak" out if they are using timers or something along those lines, because when you suspend them their timers will be at one value, then when you resume it is a lot of time (to a program) later .They would have to have bugs in the program for anything out of the ordinary to occur though, so it should be ok in 99% of instances.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.