SuRun active development?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by m00nbl00d, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I'm wondering if SuRun is still being actively developed. For what I could see the last post at SuRun's forum was in March 2011* or something like that. We'e nearly in August, so I'm just wondering... :doubt:

I'm asking because a few days ago I finished translating SuRun to my language and I've sent an e-mail to SuRun's author with the translation file. I still got no answer, though.

Hopefully the e-mail didn't go directly to the spam folder. :argh:

-edit-

* It seems that the latest active movement there was a month ago in the beta section -http://forum.kay-bruns.de/forum/9;?unb776sess=g4o2l350tpp2n65u1eq652djdq9432ej

Still... :doubt:

2. FlimFlam

FlimFlam Registered Member

They're still around. The beta forum has recent posts.

3. roady

roady Registered Member

Kay's last post is from 2 1/2 weeks ago.......perhaps he's on vacation,as it's that time of the year here in Europe....:D

4. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

Beta 10 released:

Translated using Google translate...

-http://forum.kay-bruns.de/post/3583 (go to post #38 )

A long time between releases, but nice to see it's still being developed :)

5. m00nbl00d

Is it good enough for you to return to it? :D (Just messing with you! lol)

6. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

Ha-ha...you would :D Darn I've really missed SuRun, so I had no choice but to bring it back, especially seeing it's still being developed. MrBrian keeps messing with my mind; he's responsible for influencing me in removing it in the first place :p

7. 1chaoticadult

1chaoticadult Registered Member

LOL wat. I knew you come back to it. Mr. Brian probably will mess with your mind again :D :p

8. m00nbl00d

As far as I know, the issue that SuRun (the possibility of malware abusing it) has been solved sometime ago, isn't that right?

Or, what other dangers are you folks predicting in what comes to using SuRun?

9. 1chaoticadult

Ask Mr. Brian m00n he's the one that got wat going in circles about SuRun :D

10. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

LOL!...still spinning because of him :D

@ m00nbl00d,

afaik, at least most all issues fixed, but there might be something still, though in all likelihood nothing to be overly concerned about. Ask MrBrian :p

11. 1chaoticadult

Haha. Are you dizzy yet? :p

12. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

I was but nothing a couple Gravol® couldn't fix :p :D

13. 1chaoticadult

Haha nice :D :thumb:

14. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

Note to self: must try harder.... :D

Seriously though, whenever an elevated program runs in the same user account as your "everyday use" account, you're technically vulnerable to "elevated program can read data written by non-elevated programs" issues. I don't know however if any malware actually does this. Another example of this class of issues is described at The dangers of per-user COM objects in Windows.

15. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

Don't worry MrBrian, you're doing a good job messing with me already as it is :D

Seriously, and thanks for the info informing me of the possible dangers of elevation using SuRun. I'm careful nowadays to use SuRun only to elevate known MS apps such as the firewall, Local Security Policy, Event Viewer and so forth, so I'm thinking I'll be alright, but who knows? If I get burned, so be it. It will be lesson learned and back to the drawing board. My current interests are in the gpedit settings to harden IE, Windows7 and next MS Office :)

16. 1chaoticadult

LOL MrBrian. You must try harder because wat is not spinning enough :D

Wat get that Gravol® ready my friend, I feel some spinning in your future :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.