Surfing VERY anonymously

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Jon12345, Nov 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jon12345

Jon12345 Registered Member

What is the most robust method around of surfing anonymously? What are some of the buzz words?

I've heard of chained proxys, proxy switching, anon proxy and anonymizer.

Not 100% sure of what each means but get the gist a little. No idea what is the strength of privacy of each.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Jon

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Hi Jon,

I would take a look here and here. There's some very good information about your topic led by the ever informative Paranoid2000. ;)

I just getting around to this myself (good learning curve), you'll get lots of info if you jump to the top of the forum and run some searches. I know there's GhostSurf and Proxomitron, but you can plug "proxies, anonyminity, anonymizer, etc..."
    This is all under privacy and privacy software, and will offer a broader view of whats what.

Here's one site you can check your privacy...
    http://gemal.dk/browserspy/

GF

3. securityuser

securityuser Guest

Do you trust the public proxies that are utilized by so many programs (or manually configured)? Some are setup as honey pots with the goal of capturing credit card info and other sensitive communications. It just takes one bad apple even using a chain of public proxies.

Do you trust private companies that use their own private servers and "tunneling" software to enter them? I worry about some of them, but you never know. I think a few are ok to use. I like Metropipe and Primedius. Privacy.li is nice too.

As for TOR, Privoxy and others, there's good things to be said for them as well. I am not a Proxomitron fan as it's all done with filtering and I know of people who can blow open proxo configurations in a blink. Ghostsurf is resource hungry and I have heard nothing but trouble from people using the.

So many different options, all with their pros and cons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.