Suppose you must use a pub computer to check your bank account?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by bonedriven, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bonedriven

bonedriven Registered Member

Suppose you have no choice but to use a computer that belongs to someone else, or even a computer for public use. You are aware that the computer may not be safe, but still you really need to check your bank account, or log on to some of your social accounts that you can not afford to lose. What are your precaution steps?

I'm here asking for advice, since I think this kind of situation happens on me sometimes. If I can have a flash disk to bring along, I guess there might be some precious security apps I should always take to deal with the situation? Anti key logger and? Thank you!

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

use something like LiveCd

3. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  4. bonedriven

bonedriven Registered Member

Thank you Cudni. Shame on me, I actually have never used a livecd before... Is livecd alone enough? Can it beat key logger or screen logger?

Thanks MrBrian! Great read!

5. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Portable application virtulization or streaming, with encryption and a secure password manager or boot to usb or cd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.